Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Waiting.....


Do you ever go through periods where you feel like you're waiting for something, even if you don't know what that something is?  Because that's kind of how I feel this week.  I just returned to work after almost a week off, and will be leaving town again on Friday for a work related event, so naturally my motivation level is a bit low and I find that I have put myself into a waiting pattern. 

For instance, I haven't worked out since last week because of said vacation, and while I could easily start up my routine again I have most definitely talked myself out of doing anything until Monday.  I have told myself that I have other things that need to get done, plus I caught a baby cold on the plane so am trying once again to get healthy, and so on and so on.  Oh, and when I say baby cold I don't mean that I caught a cold from a baby (although I very well could have.....) I just mean that the cold isn't full blown, it's just in the infancy stages.  So I'm doing my best to crush it to smithereens.

I have also been a bit of a procrastinator at work.  I wouldn't say I've been slacking off because technically speaking I'm ahead of the curve on projects (yay!), I would instead say that I haven't been over achieving.  I tell myself that since there's only one more "working" day left in my week it's best not to start anything too time consuming until Monday.  We all know that familiar line, don't we?  It suckers me in each and every time.  

The last month for me has been a tad crazy to say the least.  I've been burning the candle at both ends, so to speak, and I have been telling myself for awhile that after this week concludes I will finally be able to get back on track.  I'm hoping that this will be true in terms of both my physical health and my mental stress level.  So for this week I have definitely put myself in a holding pattern.  I feel like I'm existing and yet not thriving, like I'm doing the bare minimum to get by before I decide to plunge back into everyday life. 

Does that seem weird?  Does anyone else go through these dormant stages?  I'm doing my best not to wish for time to go by too fast, because October as we all know is one of my most favorite months of the year, but I am looking forward to a (hopefully) calmer state of being starting next week.  I want some time to enjoy and get reacquainted with my personal life and some of the things I have pushed to the back burner.  

On another somewhat unrelated tangent, I feel like I had all these great blog ideas (okay, maybe two or three decent ideas) that I planned to write about after vacation, and now I don't have the faintest idea what they were.  I feel like I may have written them down somewhere but as to where that "where" might be, I have no clue.  So who knows where we go from here because God forbid I actually come up with new ideas or even remember what the old ones were.  

Maybe if I sit back and wait long enough, the ideas will magically re-manifest themselves in my brain.  But if they don't show up by Monday, the official end of my waiting period, I'm going to have to move on.  One can only wait for so long.   

No comments:

Post a Comment