Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Facebook Fast Day 3: Conquering the boredom


Welcome to day three of the Facebook Fast!  I'm struggling right now, fighting every impulse and muscle in my hand to not log into Facebook.  I'm trying to console myself by explaining to myself that it isn't my fault.  You see, the reason I'm having such a hard time with this is really just because of one tiny minuscule feeling that is all too common during the work day. 

I'm bored.  I'm restless.  And I need a way to distract myself until it's time to throw on my gym clothes and escape for my noontime workout session.  Thank God it's finally after 11 a.m..  Right around the 10:15 a.m. mark I was silently going crazy at my desk, not knowing how the hell I was going to make it until noon when I could escape from the small corner that is my office and release myself from the confines of this computer screen. 

I hate boredom.  Hate it with such a passion there are no words to describe.  I feel so useless when I'm bored, and worse I lose my motivation to do, well, ANYTHING!  The mornings at work are the worse.  Don't ask me why, but the hours just drag and I find myself cruising from one pointless website to another and daydreaming about all the other things I wish I could be doing instead of wasting away in silence.  I have quite a flair for the dramatic, don't I?

To read this you would probably think that I don't do any work at all.  I promise you this isn't the case, and between bouts of random Internet surfing I really do manage to get a sufficient amount of work accomplished.  In fact, I am ahead of the game right now which might account for some of the boredom.  And here I didn't think there would ever be a downside to being over productive. 

So this is why I feel my urge to conquer the Facebook hold on my life has been something of a struggle.  I am just so desperate for the distraction to pass the time it's literally driving me crazy.  

Okay, only 45 minutes until gym time.  Once you get over the noon hour hump the rest of the day is smooth sailing, right?  Now I am off to see if I can think of anymore random, interesting things to Google. 

Dear God, save me now!

No comments:

Post a Comment