Friday, April 1, 2011

Facebook Fast conclusion

 
Today was the final day of the Facebook fast.  And surprisingly enough, it was the easiest day out of the entire week.  I realize I didn't post yesterday but for the most part I made it through my Thursday with very limited Facebook withdrawals.  In fact, I don't even recollect wanting to log into the site.  In my mind that's a huge accomplishment. 

Today has been amazingly smooth sailing.  Maybe because it's Friday and I'm filled with cheerful thoughts of the weekend ahead, or maybe because I have finally trained myself to get through the day without wasting time on Facebook, who really knows.  Whatever the reason may be I am feeling much more optimistic about my Facebook-free life, so much so that I might just continue to abstain in the coming days ahead. 

I still like Facebook, and I will still argue that it's an incredible medium for communication, but I can't deny the fact that the site is a HUGE time vampire.  I don't even want to think about all the hours I would waste away on that site in a given week, but when I would reflect on it I truly felt depressed.  So for me, this little experiment was more than necessary not only to quell my own personal curiosity of what a week without Facebook would be like, but also to help me just feel better, happier overall. 

Boy, for a week of no Facebook I sure have done a lot of writing about it!  While I can't say that I will never log into the site again, I have a feeling that in the future I will be much less inclined to fill my empty hours with a Facebook fix.  In a way it's quite a liberating feeling.  Now I'm off to celebrate my new-found independence!

No comments:

Post a Comment