Monday, December 13, 2010

Monday's OMG Moment.....

The OMG moment of Monday came when my sister and I were strolling through the WSU Bookie, searching the new release book tables for potential Christmas presents.  And that's when I saw it staring up at me.  The book that made me stop dead in my tracks and say, "Oh. My. God."


In case you haven't heard of this upstanding young man before, it is none other than Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino from Jersey Shore.  That's right kids, The Situation has infiltrated your local bookstore to regale you with advice on the following topics:
  • How to creep on chicks
  • How to avoid gernades (FYI: not the ones that explode when you pull the pin and throw them)
  • How to get your GTL on in the Jersey Shore
I think I died a little inside seeing this book on the same table as a biography on George Washington.

Of course, as the saying goes, everyone and their dog has a book out these days.  Literally every reality TV star eventually makes their way into a Barnes and Noble store, and the majority of those "stars" probably had someone ghost write their book while all they had to do was pose for the cover photo.  Let's face it, if they let The Situation actually write his own book one would probably need a translator to decipher all the crude, obscure references.  

So as I sit here and ponder my own future in the land of writing, I can't decide if this book bodes well for my chances of one day being published, or if it represents the low I will have to sink to in order to see my words in print. 

Perhaps that is a question best pondered on another day.   

No comments:

Post a Comment