Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Getting organized


If you know me at all, then what I say (okay, type) next is going to be a most obvious statement.  

I love getting organized. 

The whole process, while sometimes draining and oftentimes frustrating, ultimately leaves me feeling like a rock star.  Sit me down in front of a messy closet with some empty storage tubs by my side and before long I'll be feeling like a million bucks.  And my closet will be looking much better, too. 

I use the closet analogy because that's exactly the next project Dean and I are tackling.  We have a fairly large storage closet down in our den that is in desperate need of some TLC.  So we are mudding the seams on the walls, painting said walls a nice bright color, installing some laminate flooring (because the cold cement just isn't doing it for me), and putting up some nice, wide shelves for storage.  I. Can't. Wait.  But hold onto your pants ladies and gents because the fun doesn't stop there!  To add even more excitement and an added level of challenge to the project, we are also going to simultaneously reorganize and restructure yet another storage closet that is located under our stairs. 

What?  Yes, you heard me correctly.  Two closets in one fell swoop.  We think we are super heroes, and hopefully when it's all said and done we will be feeling like super organized super heroes.

I have this thing about closets in that I love them, and am sometimes intimidated by them.  An empty closet is my playground because if it's empty, you can fill it with.....stuff.  Of course, this has led us to the situation we currently are in, meaning that both closets look like a tornado has swept through.  There is no rhyme or reason to the way items are stored, and aside from a few very specific decoration bins, everything else is loose and just plain in the way.

I am very excited to tackle these projects, and even more excited to see the finished products.  I can already feel the peace of mind that will wash over me when I open the door to either closet and see cleanliness and order instead of chaos and free for all.  

It really doesn't take much to make me happy.  And since I'm trying more and more to focus on the little, everyday things that bring me happiness, I figure a couple of well organized closets is a great place to start.    

No comments:

Post a Comment