Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Playing catch-up


So I'm almost back to being a healthy person.  After a week of battling one of the worst colds I've had in years, blowing my nose roughly one thousand times, and ingesting capful after capful of Robitussin, I'm almost back to my normal self.  It's been a rough week to say the least, and I'm more than relieved to start seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.  

I had to take two sick days last week, and not the fun sick days when you call in sick because you have something better to do, but the legitimate sick days when you literally can't go to work because you feel like your head will explode from all the sinus pressure and your throat feels about the equivalent of sandpaper.  

But now I'm back, playing the never-ending game of catch-up, and slightly alarmed to realize that while I was working my way through my fifth box of Kleenex, the final days of August slipped through my fingers and instantly became September.  Summer is, well, over, and now it's time to transition into the fall whether I'm ready to or not.  I have such mixed feelings about fall, even though it is my second favorite season (yes, I rank my seasons.....don't you?)  This fall in particular has got me feeling a mix of nostalgia, anxiety, and excitement.  Right now I'm not sure which emotion to embrace, so I'm taking all of them in turn on a day-to-day basis.  But more on that later. 

In short this post is merely a placeholder.  For the post I plan to write tomorrow.  Because in case you hadn't noticed, I've been terrible lately at keeping house around this blog and I'm going to try and rededicate myself to the habit of writing daily, or more realistically, every other day posts.  I wonder how many times I've written that sentiment in one form or another? 

So tune into tomorrow, fellow readers.  For a post about fall.  Where we go from there remains to be seen.      

No comments:

Post a Comment