Thursday, May 10, 2012

Miscellany


I'm having a de-ja-vu.  I was just about to launch into a big ol' apology and explanation as to why I have been absent from my blog for the past month, then it dawned on me that I already went through that exact same tirade last year.  At this exact same time last year.  For the exact same reasons.  My life is literally repeating itself before my very eyes.  

So all excuses aside, I am back.  I am settling into summer mode which is something I have been looking forward to since about December.  I am working a 4/10 summer schedule which means I will always have a three day weekend (yay!) so that is going to make for some definite good times.  So far getting to work at 6:30 a.m. hasn't been too difficult for me, although the shorter lunch breaks have been kind of hard to get used to.  But I guess we all make sacrifices for the things we really want.  And I really want an extra day off each week.

Other stuff.....let's see.  Our big bathroom remodel is ALMOST DONE!  The room has been operational for a few weeks now and let me just say, it's awesome.  The jetted tub alone is worth all the set-backs and extra money we have had to spend.  Now we are just waiting on some back-ordered tile so the base trim and the accent tile around the vanity can get finished up.  Dean has really been a superstar with all the work he has done himself, which I'm pretty sure has been a lot more than he initially planned.  It feels so good to be basically done, and with the weather starting to slowly improve we are setting our sights to the outdoors and the never-ending list of projects we hope to tackle (and complete) in our backyard.

I know I've posted before about how this blog doesn't really seem to have a theme, a direction, an overall purpose.  This issue is back on my mind for some reason and in a way has kind of discouraged me from writing.....mainly because I'm not sure what I want to write about.  But theme or no theme, I feel the show must go on.  I feel an attachment, a commitment to this cyberspace.  So after being out of blog mode for a month I'm trying to make an effort to ease myself back into things, because while I haven't been blogging I also haven't been working on any of my creative writing, including a somewhat promising short story that I am a handful of pages away from finishing.  I've definitely been feeling a bit scattered lately, a bit short on time.  My to-do list continues to grow as I haven't done anything productive aside from going to work every day, so while I'm looking forward to getting back on track (and on schedule), I'm also looking forward to getting away.  

The season for weekend getaways is here and I'm ready to get out of town, get away from the computer, and go have some fun.

So in a nutshell, I'm back, and I hope that by returning to a more or less normal schedule I will also pick back up with my daily posts.  Time to exercise the writing bone because I feel like it's been WAY too long.    

       

  

No comments:

Post a Comment