Tuesday, March 6, 2012

On the bathroom remodel


Dean and I are preparing to embark on yet another home improvement journey.  This one I am hoping and praying will be a bit less intensive than some of the other projects we have undertaken, mainly because we will be paying people to do the majority of the work for us.  In my mind, that is the best thing you can do when it comes time to tackle remodeling projects.  I'm just such a baby when it comes to stuff like this.....you can read more about why that is by checking out this blog post

This particular project, aka the upstairs bathroom, is one that I have been dying to embark on since we first came to look at the house with our real estate agent.  The room is small so in terms of configuration there isn't a whole lot that can be changed, but everything that is currently in there needs go go.  About ten years ago.  

So we have been saving our pennies and are taking the steps necessary to get this job underway.  We will hopefully be ordering tile this week, and tomorrow we are venturing down to Home Depot to purchase a new whirlpool bathtub (I am mucho grande excited about this) and a brand spanking new toilet (also excited about the toilet, but not quite as excited as for the bathtub).  A pristine new vanity is waiting for us at my parent's house, and the only other major thing to figure out is what color to paint the walls.  And the amazing thing is that all these things are happening simultaneously, making me somewhat dizzy with excitement. 

Now, we have been upgrading our house since we moved into it almost three years ago.  We have changed things about every single room in the house, but this is the first room in which we are doing to complete and total overhaul.  Everything is going and in the end everything we see will be shiny and new.  It's such a refreshing thought, and it gives me hope that we are actually making progress in turning this house into a place we're proud to call home. 

So, this bathroom will be taking over my life for the next few weeks.....depending of course on how quickly we can get people over here to hook everything up for us.  Depending on how quickly we can get our tile ordered we could be starting on the demo as early as next week.  Hooray for home improvement!

P.S.  I am not feeling especially insightful today, so the upcoming bathroom remodel was the best I could do for a topic.  I'm hoping to pen something a tad more enlightening for tomorrow.....bear with me.   

No comments:

Post a Comment